The Old Fort Lodge is focused on the delivery of services to single Moms, and for single Dads, child services are offered. Services are in these categories:
- Ministry is offered to those who have suffered or are suffering from distress, abuse, endangerment, or other forms of hardship.
- Practical assistance to help with daily living can be delivered in the form of housing, food service, utilities, transportation, child care, and other case by case needs.
- Privacy and security is offered through our remote location and our non-disclosure policies. Peace of mind is a key element to recovery.
- Prosperity career skills will be taught and centered around gardening. Phase 1 will be blue collar gardening skills. This includes dirt under the finger nails. Phase 2 will be white collar gardening skills. These include topics which will bring produce to market and food service compliance.
- Orientation is given to family members who have single Moms enrolled in the program. Often times, relatives just don’t understand what has been going on, and they need a third party to help explain. With permission of the Recipient Members, certain family members can become privy to the issues they have been going through.
James 1:27 (NIV) — Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
As Christians who believe in serving God, we have faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and hope in the promise of salvation. We are unified in our faith but in practice we often struggle with a common understanding of how to best serve God. The best solution is to read the scriptures, which are the written testimony of those who actually experienced the love of Jesus Christ in their daily life.
With that in mind, we at The Old Fort Lodge Inc. carry our cross daily in the pursuit of honoring God with our faith and works. It is with a great sense of duty to this purpose that we reach out to the widows and orphans who would honor us with the acceptance of our services.
The services include housing, food, clothing, education, privacy, assistance with access to health care, job seeking assistance, and a general abundance of good will. It is our vision that the widows and orphans will be enabled to provide for themselves and be able to go forward with a solid foundation for their next phase of life.
We also have a great sense of duty to keep ourselves from being polluted by the world. Forms of pollution can vary widely from spiritual, psychological, and carnal. It is a part of our religious activities to congregate with one another for the purposes of general edification with the Holy Bible, the Holy Spirit, and the counsel of our Ministers who are sanctified for this purpose.
Pollution by the world is different than pollution of the environment but they are very similar. We are born with a body that deteriorates over time. If we do not keep our flesh clean, then diseases have an environment to grow and spread. Likewise with our souls. If we are constantly exposed to the mentalities of our adversaries who are the powers and principalities of this world, then we shall become indoctrinated to be like them.
The Old Fort Lodge Inc. is a safe haven from those powers and principalities which are the strategies and tactics of the fallen angel Lucifer, who became satan. Generally speaking, it is the greed of mankind that is the port of entry into our souls for these powers and principalities to take hold of our souls. Salvation is the key which unlocks the door to a fresh spiritual beginning under the new covenant of God’s grace.
Salvation, edification, sanctification, and other processes of spiritual revival can be part of your next vacation.